The CatechismClass.com Online Family Catechesis Curriculum
The Importance of Family Catechesis
Since our founding 2004, we have helped teach thousands of students and their families the Catholic Faith. And over the years we have heard hundreds of times how much parents are learning alongside their children. At CatechismClass.com, we care deeply about the religious education of families. The Catholic Faith is so rich in mystery, truths, and beauty that you could spend a lifetime better learning the Faith and living it out.
Father Patrick Peyton, the famous American Rosary priest of the 20th century popularized the phrase "The family that prays together stays together." And the same could be said for catechesis. The family that studies and practices the Faith together will stay together in the Catholic Faith. And the family that does not, will lose the Faith.
We are a strong proponent of having parents and children learn the Faith together. That's part of the core of our program - parents and children learning off of the same online lessons. We have heard a lot of anecdotes and stories from families on how much the parents enjoyed and learned from the materials in addition to the children. We are here to help make life-long catechesis easy, convenient, and complete for you and your family!
Sample A Lesson Before Buying A Course
As our lessons are all online, interactive lessons you may sample them by buying individual lessons if you'd like to try a few lessons before buying a course. On any course page (e.g. 1st grade), just scroll down to see all the lessons that are contained in the program. For instance, on first grade, scroll down to "Click Here for 1st Grade Program Lessons." Click on that to see a list of all of the lessons in the grade. Click on any one. The next page will show you a description of that lesson and let you buy the lesson for only a few dollars.
CatechismClass.com Family Faith Formation Highlights:
- • A complete and convenient program that is accessible online, 24/7
- • Enriching lessons that include prayers, videos, activities, and short quizzes
- • A focus on the beauty of Catholic tradition in art, music, and language
- • An unwavering dedication to complete fidelity to the Church's Magesterium
- • A connection to the Catholic Liturgical Year with a focus on living out the Faith in practice
- • A unique program that includes Scripture, Catechism Passages, activities, saint readings, and much more in every single lesson using our 7-step Faith Formation format
CatechismClass.com 7 Step Lesson Format For All Lessons:
- • Introduction: Description of the Lesson Topic and Mention of the Saint for the Day based on Liturgical Calendar
- • Opening Prayer: A prayer either to memorize or one to pray based on the lesson's topic
- • Scripture: An explanation of relevant Scripture that is connected to the lesson topic
- • Catechism References: Inclusion of catechism passages that relate to the lesson's topic from a variety of approved catechisms
- • Lesson: A personally written section that explains and expands upon the Scriptures and Catechism in light of the Church teaching
- • Activity: A way to live out as a family in a practical way the Faith as it concerns the lesson's topic
- • Closing Prayer: All of our lessons end in prayer and thanksgiving to God.